|Saleform 1993 revision underway|
|Thursday, 23 December 2010 13:57|
Following recent industry consultation, BIMCO and the Norwegian Shipbrokers’ Association (NSA) have decided to revise the industry’s standard international contract for the sale and purchase of vessels, Saleform 1993.
“While the general view of the industry was that the Saleform 1993 agreement works very well – it was acknowledged that some provisions are often subject to amendment,” said BIMCO in a statement.
“The objective of the revision will be to address these issues while maintaining the fundamental principles of Saleform. Both BIMCO and the NSA have formed sub-committees composed of international experts with commercial and legal expertise in ship sale and purchase.”
The aim of the two associations is to complete the revision of Saleform 1993 by autumn 2011.
“Saleform 1993 is the universally accepted standard form for the sale and purchase of second hand vessels,” according to BIMCO Deputy Secretary General, Soren Larsen.
“The two strong messages we received from our global consultation process was that we should preserve the general concept of Saleform but that a modest update was required.”
Latest Book Reviews
- The US Naval Institute on Naval Strategy
- Silent And Unseen: On Patrol in Three Cold War Attack Submarines
- 21st Century Seamanship
- Small Navies: Strategy and Policy for Small Navies in War and Peace
- The Baltimore Sabotage Cell: German Agents, American Traitors, and the U-Boat Deutschland During World War I
- Re-Inventing The Ship: Science, Technology and the Maritime World, 1800-1918
- The Indian Ocean and US Grand Strategy: Ensuring Access And Promoting Security
Latest Commentsdavid wood ross: Excellent timely article Neil and accurately reflects my own experience. I say timely because recent...
Ross Fletcher: Well said.Needs a lot more noise on this issue. As a professional merchant navy Officer, I have been...
John Oscroft: Try the Barrow in Furness (UK) museum, housed in an old dry dock, whilst a lot is given over to the ...
Tracey: I am reading a wonderful and impressive story......