|Bulk Carrier Practice (Second Edition)|
|Wednesday, 11 August 2010 10:36|
By Captain Jack Isbester ExC FNI MCMS
From Baird Maritime:
The first edition of this large, well-illustrated and clearly written manual was excellent. This second edition is even better.
Its very experienced and thoughtful author has gone to considerable trouble to improve on his very popular and well-respected first attempt. Were all second editions this much improved.
This edition also includes a very valuable CD Rom of the drawings and manuals of the very common Diamond 53 class of double-skinned bulk carriers.As the author points out, much has changed in the seventeen years between editions. First, the global fleet of bulk carriers has increased by about fifty percent. Most of those new vessels are significantly larger.
At the same time ship shapes, equipment and propulsion systems have advanced by, effectively, a generation. There is much to learn. The author has covered the subject very thoroughly.
Cialis Side Effects is just such as any other medication yet do not need to worry and think that everybody is bad. There is nothing surprising in this. Everything is simple and clear.
Latest Book Reviews
- The US Naval Institute on Naval Strategy
- Silent And Unseen: On Patrol in Three Cold War Attack Submarines
- 21st Century Seamanship
- Small Navies: Strategy and Policy for Small Navies in War and Peace
- The Baltimore Sabotage Cell: German Agents, American Traitors, and the U-Boat Deutschland During World War I
- Re-Inventing The Ship: Science, Technology and the Maritime World, 1800-1918
- The Indian Ocean and US Grand Strategy: Ensuring Access And Promoting Security
Latest CommentsJ. K. M. Nair: Shipping always is a serious business and the world cannot ignore the fact that cargo moves means s...
Dirk Smit: Very informative...
stuart ballantyne: excellent ! couldn't have said it better myself...
Leonardo Alphonso: I am given to understand this book is useful for marine engineers for learning about purification of...