|Electric Boat to provide PSA on US submarine|
|Monday, 08 February 2010 10:06|
USA: General Dynamics Electric Boat has been awarded a US$23.7 million contract modification by the US Navy to prepare for the post-shakedown availability (PSA) on the nuclear submarine, ‘New Hampshire’ (SSN-778).'New Hampshire' The PSA, which will comprise maintenance, repairs, alterations and testing, will be performed in Groton and is expected to begin in February.
Up to 800 employees will be engaged in the work, which is scheduled for completion in September 2010.
‘New Hampshire’, the fifth ship of the Virginia-class, was delivered to the US Navy in August 2008.
Electric Boat and Northrop Grumman Shipbuilding have received contracts to produce a total of 18 Virginia-class submarines. Thirty ships are planned altogether.
Latest Book Reviews
- The Twilight Of The East India Company: The Evolution of Anglo-Asian Commerce and Politics 1790-1860
- Sail & Steam: Trading Vessels To Georges Bay, 1833 To 1958
- The Emergence Of Britain’s Global Naval Supremacy: The War of 1739-1748
- Keeping The Ships At Sea: Ship Repair at Cockatoo Island 1857-1991
- 21st Century Ellis: Operational Art and Strategic Prophecy for the Modern Era
- The U.S. Naval Institute On Naval Leadership
- Passage Planning Guide: Great Barrier Reef and Torres Strait 2015
Latest CommentsTracey: I am reading a wonderful and impressive story......
Martin Renilson: Neil,
Nice positive comment - I couldn't agree with you more.
Ralph Stevens: Thanks for the insight Neil.
Robert Scorsone: Hi, I would like to know about the suction dredge the Sir Thomas Riley, built in Maryborough shipyar...