|Electric Boat to provide PSA on US submarine|
|Monday, 08 February 2010 10:06|
USA: General Dynamics Electric Boat has been awarded a US$23.7 million contract modification by the US Navy to prepare for the post-shakedown availability (PSA) on the nuclear submarine, ‘New Hampshire’ (SSN-778).'New Hampshire' The PSA, which will comprise maintenance, repairs, alterations and testing, will be performed in Groton and is expected to begin in February.
Up to 800 employees will be engaged in the work, which is scheduled for completion in September 2010.
‘New Hampshire’, the fifth ship of the Virginia-class, was delivered to the US Navy in August 2008.
Electric Boat and Northrop Grumman Shipbuilding have received contracts to produce a total of 18 Virginia-class submarines. Thirty ships are planned altogether.
Latest Book Reviews
- 21st Century Sims: Innovation, Education and Leadership for the Modern Era
- Before Jutland: The Naval War In Northern European Waters, August 1914 – February 1915
- The Sea And Civilisation: A Maritime History of the World
- Super Highway: Sea Power in the 21st Century
- In All Respects Ready: Australia’s Navy in World War One
- Ice Ship: The Epic Voyages of the Polar Adventurer FRAM
- The Sydney Sailors’ Home 1859-2009
Latest CommentsKD: Speaking of hagiography , Sea Shepherd did not "win" against Fish & Fish in the UK Supreme Court ......
Christopher Skinner: Your concern over excessive acquisition costs for naval shipbuilding is understandable given the com...
Melanie Stewart: Please look up Operation Blue Rage in the Mediterranean to protect endangered bluefin tuna and you'l...
unnammed: Also strange that Australia, the leaders in Aluminium boat building will rule out building the vesse...