|Electric Boat to provide PSA on US submarine|
|Monday, 08 February 2010 11:06|
USA: General Dynamics Electric Boat has been awarded a US$23.7 million contract modification by the US Navy to prepare for the post-shakedown availability (PSA) on the nuclear submarine, ‘New Hampshire’ (SSN-778).'New Hampshire' The PSA, which will comprise maintenance, repairs, alterations and testing, will be performed in Groton and is expected to begin in February.
Up to 800 employees will be engaged in the work, which is scheduled for completion in September 2010.
‘New Hampshire’, the fifth ship of the Virginia-class, was delivered to the US Navy in August 2008.
Electric Boat and Northrop Grumman Shipbuilding have received contracts to produce a total of 18 Virginia-class submarines. Thirty ships are planned altogether.
Latest Book Reviews
- Surface Treated Composites: White Book
- A Year in the Life of the P&O Cruises Fleet
- An Introduction To Bunker Credit Risk
- The Tweed To The Northern Isles: The Fishing Industry Through Time
- Saltwater Leadership: A Primer on Leadership for the Junior Sea-Service Officer
- Megayachts: concept • design • construction
- Operation KE: The Cactus Air Force and the Japanese Withdrawal from Guadalcanal
Latest CommentsGeoff Collet:
As a retired commercial fisher, 60 odd years in or associated with that industry. I have...
Jack Nairn: Dear Mr Baird
Just a note of support to you for publicising the need for the world to have rap...
DAVID M. HIRD: An updated and enhanced second edition is now in preparation. Whereas the first edition concentrate...
Chris B.: What might prevent suicides amongst merchant crews?
From a mariner to the operating companies...