|Electric Boat to provide PSA on US submarine|
|Monday, 08 February 2010 10:06|
USA: General Dynamics Electric Boat has been awarded a US$23.7 million contract modification by the US Navy to prepare for the post-shakedown availability (PSA) on the nuclear submarine, ‘New Hampshire’ (SSN-778).'New Hampshire' The PSA, which will comprise maintenance, repairs, alterations and testing, will be performed in Groton and is expected to begin in February.
Up to 800 employees will be engaged in the work, which is scheduled for completion in September 2010.
‘New Hampshire’, the fifth ship of the Virginia-class, was delivered to the US Navy in August 2008.
Electric Boat and Northrop Grumman Shipbuilding have received contracts to produce a total of 18 Virginia-class submarines. Thirty ships are planned altogether.
Latest Book Reviews
- Gone Whaling: Stumbling towards Sustainability
- The Buccaneer Explorer: William Dampier’s Voyages
- The Containership Register 2015
- The U.S. Naval Institute On Naval Tactics
- Women And English Piracy 1540-1720: Partners and Victims of Crime
- China’s Naval Power: An Offensive Realist Approach
- Energy Security 2.0: How Energy is Central to the Changing Global Balance in the New Age of Geography
Latest CommentsTracey: I am reading a wonderful and impressive story......
Martin Renilson: Neil,
Nice positive comment - I couldn't agree with you more.
Ralph Stevens: Thanks for the insight Neil.
Robert Scorsone: Hi, I would like to know about the suction dredge the Sir Thomas Riley, built in Maryborough shipyar...