|Electric Boat to provide PSA on US submarine|
|Monday, 08 February 2010 10:06|
USA: General Dynamics Electric Boat has been awarded a US$23.7 million contract modification by the US Navy to prepare for the post-shakedown availability (PSA) on the nuclear submarine, ‘New Hampshire’ (SSN-778).'New Hampshire' The PSA, which will comprise maintenance, repairs, alterations and testing, will be performed in Groton and is expected to begin in February.
Up to 800 employees will be engaged in the work, which is scheduled for completion in September 2010.
‘New Hampshire’, the fifth ship of the Virginia-class, was delivered to the US Navy in August 2008.
Electric Boat and Northrop Grumman Shipbuilding have received contracts to produce a total of 18 Virginia-class submarines. Thirty ships are planned altogether.
Latest Book Reviews
- The Accidental Admiral: A Sailor Takes Command at NATO
- Performance By Design: Hydrodynamics for High-Speed Vessels
- The Dog Watch Number 71: Ships and Sea Stories
- A Handful Of Bullets: How the Murder of Archduke Franz Ferdinand still Menaces the Peace
- Guidance For LNG Carriers: Transiting the Panama Canal
- Eagle Seamanship: A Manual for Square-Rigger Sailing
- West Coast Wrecks & Other Maritime Tales
Latest CommentsTodd Hamilton: Agreed on all counts. Another point to take into account is contracts are sometimes paid for before...
anna sinclair: I am working at Deep water point and would like to know the history of Paspaley family
Dave: Perhaps a bit more research would have helped your article accuracy on the push for more recreationa...
Fred: Meanwhile you guys wonder why no one pays your rants any attention. Took me quite sometime to go thr...