|East Coast Marine announces launch of ‘Pacific Titan’|
|Thursday, 29 September 2016 17:12|
ECM’s new build shallow draught utility tug ‘Pacific Titan’ was successfully launched on September 10, 2016.
The vessel was designed by ECM in conjunction with local Australian naval architects, and represents the first of type ECM Rhino tug 26-30. ‘Pacific Titan’ was built at the Hung Seng Shipbuilding (HSS) yard in Sarawak, Malaysia.
Built for unrestricted navigation, she is a robust multi-role vessel purpose built for plough dredging, bed levelling, dredging support, anchor handling, towing, and barge handling.
Following commissioning and sea-trials, handover is scheduled for mid-October 2016. She will arrive in Australia mid-November 2016.
Latest Book Reviews
- The US Naval Institute on Naval Strategy
- Silent And Unseen: On Patrol in Three Cold War Attack Submarines
- 21st Century Seamanship
- Small Navies: Strategy and Policy for Small Navies in War and Peace
- The Baltimore Sabotage Cell: German Agents, American Traitors, and the U-Boat Deutschland During World War I
- Re-Inventing The Ship: Science, Technology and the Maritime World, 1800-1918
- The Indian Ocean and US Grand Strategy: Ensuring Access And Promoting Security
Latest CommentsJ. K. M. Nair: Shipping always is a serious business and the world cannot ignore the fact that cargo moves means s...
Dirk Smit: Very informative...
stuart ballantyne: excellent ! couldn't have said it better myself...
Leonardo Alphonso: I am given to understand this book is useful for marine engineers for learning about purification of...