|Russia to build offshore drilling rigs for Iran|
|Tuesday, 30 August 2016 16:06|
Russia’s Krasnye Barrikady Shipyard has signed a contract with Tasdid Offshore Development Company from Iran to build a series of offshore drilling rigs.
The rigs will be used for an exploration project in the Persian Gulf, Sputnik News reported.
The US$1 billion contract stipulates that the drilling rigs will be built in the Iranian city of Khorramshahr.
Sputnik added that 85 per cent of the work under the contract is expected to be carried out by the Russian company.
Latest Book Reviews
- The US Naval Institute on Naval Strategy
- Silent And Unseen: On Patrol in Three Cold War Attack Submarines
- 21st Century Seamanship
- Small Navies: Strategy and Policy for Small Navies in War and Peace
- The Baltimore Sabotage Cell: German Agents, American Traitors, and the U-Boat Deutschland During World War I
- Re-Inventing The Ship: Science, Technology and the Maritime World, 1800-1918
- The Indian Ocean and US Grand Strategy: Ensuring Access And Promoting Security
Latest CommentsJ. K. M. Nair: Shipping always is a serious business and the world cannot ignore the fact that cargo moves means s...
Dirk Smit: Very informative...
stuart ballantyne: excellent ! couldn't have said it better myself...
Leonardo Alphonso: I am given to understand this book is useful for marine engineers for learning about purification of...