|‘Protector’ arrives at the Port of Long Beach|
|Thursday, 25 August 2016 15:01|
The first of two fireboats being built for the Port of Long Beach, USA, has entered into service.
The Robert Allan Ltd-designed ‘Protector’ is expected to be joined by a sistership, the ‘Vigilance’, in the middle of 2017.
As well as fighting fires, these vessels also serve as incident command centres or as primary response vessels for local emergency actions requiring water-based control.
The new fireboats feature Voith cycloidal drives in a tractor configuration, providing manoeuvrability and the ability to fight fires in any orientation.
During the design phase, Robert Allan Ltd’s team focused on the hull form to ensure the vessel met two requested criteria – minimum wake when travelling both ahead and astern at 8 knots and good heavy weather seakeeping ability.
The total aggregate pumping capacity of each vessel is 150,000 litres per minute, with the single largest monitor capable of delivering 45,000 litres per minute a distance of almost 180 metres.
Cialis Side Effects is just like any other medication but do not necessity to worry and think that everyone is bad. There is nothing surprising in this. All is simple and clear.
Latest Book Reviews
- The US Naval Institute on Naval Strategy
- Silent And Unseen: On Patrol in Three Cold War Attack Submarines
- 21st Century Seamanship
- Small Navies: Strategy and Policy for Small Navies in War and Peace
- The Baltimore Sabotage Cell: German Agents, American Traitors, and the U-Boat Deutschland During World War I
- Re-Inventing The Ship: Science, Technology and the Maritime World, 1800-1918
- The Indian Ocean and US Grand Strategy: Ensuring Access And Promoting Security
Latest CommentsJ. K. M. Nair: Shipping always is a serious business and the world cannot ignore the fact that cargo moves means s...
Dirk Smit: Very informative...
stuart ballantyne: excellent ! couldn't have said it better myself...
Leonardo Alphonso: I am given to understand this book is useful for marine engineers for learning about purification of...