|Austal USA christens USNS ‘Yuma’|
|Thursday, 25 August 2016 14:57|
Austal USA has christened the expeditionary fast transport (EPF) vessel USNS ‘Yuma’ at a ceremony held at the company’s Alabama, USA shipyard.
‘Yuma’ is the eighth of ten EPF that Austal USA is delivering under a contract with the US Navy valued in excess of US$1.6 billion.
The vessel is a 103-metre, shallow draught aluminium catamaran. It is a multi-mission, non-combatant transport vessel.
‘Yuma’ will ultimately join her sister EPF’s which were delivered over the last three years.
Three more EPF’s are currently under construction at Austal USA.
Latest Book Reviews
- The US Naval Institute on Naval Strategy
- Silent And Unseen: On Patrol in Three Cold War Attack Submarines
- 21st Century Seamanship
- Small Navies: Strategy and Policy for Small Navies in War and Peace
- The Baltimore Sabotage Cell: German Agents, American Traitors, and the U-Boat Deutschland During World War I
- Re-Inventing The Ship: Science, Technology and the Maritime World, 1800-1918
- The Indian Ocean and US Grand Strategy: Ensuring Access And Promoting Security
Latest CommentsJ. K. M. Nair: Shipping always is a serious business and the world cannot ignore the fact that cargo moves means s...
Dirk Smit: Very informative...
stuart ballantyne: excellent ! couldn't have said it better myself...
Leonardo Alphonso: I am given to understand this book is useful for marine engineers for learning about purification of...