|Nevsky Shipyard launches tug ‘Bakhtemir’|
|Tuesday, 23 August 2016 17:01|
Nevsky Shipyard has launched a multi-functional, shallow-draught tug for the Russian Federal Treasury Institution.
The 80-metre ‘Bakhtemir’ will be used for patrolling, search and rescue, aiding distressed vessels, and underwater technical works. It will also carry out tug, fire-fighting, oil-spill response, and bulk-cargo carrying operations among other things.
To carry out these activities the vessel is fitted with foam, powder, and fire fighting systems as well as a system of water curtains, bilge-rescue equipment, sewage storage, and drilling equipment.
The shallow-draught ice-class tug has a deadweight of 1,820 tonnes with a draught of 4.50 metres. The ‘Bakhtemir’ can operate autonomously for 30 days.
Cialis Side Effects is just like any other medication but do not need to worry and think that all is bad. There is nothing surprising in this. Everybody is simple and clear.
Latest Book Reviews
- The US Naval Institute on Naval Strategy
- Silent And Unseen: On Patrol in Three Cold War Attack Submarines
- 21st Century Seamanship
- Small Navies: Strategy and Policy for Small Navies in War and Peace
- The Baltimore Sabotage Cell: German Agents, American Traitors, and the U-Boat Deutschland During World War I
- Re-Inventing The Ship: Science, Technology and the Maritime World, 1800-1918
- The Indian Ocean and US Grand Strategy: Ensuring Access And Promoting Security
Latest CommentsJ. K. M. Nair: Shipping always is a serious business and the world cannot ignore the fact that cargo moves means s...
Dirk Smit: Very informative...
stuart ballantyne: excellent ! couldn't have said it better myself...
Leonardo Alphonso: I am given to understand this book is useful for marine engineers for learning about purification of...