|511 rescued from burning cruise ship|
|Thursday, 18 August 2016 15:59|
More than 500 passengers have been rescued from the ‘Caribbean Fantasy’ after it set on fire a mile off Puerto Rico’s north coast.
The fire, which began in the engine room, spread to other compartments on board, which led to the entire ship's evacuation.
Gyno Funes, one of two mechanics who had been in the engine room told the Associated Press that a hose carrying fuel had burst open and caught fire.
Passengers and crewmembers were evacuated from the ship and taken to Pier 6 in San Juan port where emergency service personnel received them for medical evaluations.
The vessel ran aground half a nautical mile from Punta Salinas.All 511 passengers aboard the 170-metre vessel have been accounted for.
Cialis Side Effects is just like any other medication but do not necessity to worry and believe that everything is bad. There is nothing surprising in this. All is simple and clear.
Latest Book Reviews
- The US Naval Institute on Naval Strategy
- Silent And Unseen: On Patrol in Three Cold War Attack Submarines
- 21st Century Seamanship
- Small Navies: Strategy and Policy for Small Navies in War and Peace
- The Baltimore Sabotage Cell: German Agents, American Traitors, and the U-Boat Deutschland During World War I
- Re-Inventing The Ship: Science, Technology and the Maritime World, 1800-1918
- The Indian Ocean and US Grand Strategy: Ensuring Access And Promoting Security
Latest CommentsLeonardo Alphonso: I am given to understand this book is useful for marine engineers for learning about purification of...
david wood ross: Excellent timely article Neil and accurately reflects my own experience. I say timely because recent...
Ross Fletcher: Well said.Needs a lot more noise on this issue. As a professional merchant navy Officer, I have been...
John Oscroft: Try the Barrow in Furness (UK) museum, housed in an old dry dock, whilst a lot is given over to the ...