|‘Pioneering Spirit’ successfully installs test platform|
|Tuesday, 16 August 2016 16:58|
Allseas’ ‘Pioneering Spirit’ has successfully installed a test platform as it continues sea trials.
The dynamically positioned single-lift installation/decommissioning and pipelay vessel installed the 5,500-tonne test platform topsides on a substructure in the K-13 field in the North Sea.
The ‘Spirit’ will next perform DP trials, followed by a series of installation and removal trials with the test platform topsides under varying weather conditions.
After the successful completion of the offshore trials, the vessel will sail to Norway to remove the 13,500-tonne Yme platform for Repsol.
Latest Book Reviews
- The US Naval Institute on Naval Strategy
- Silent And Unseen: On Patrol in Three Cold War Attack Submarines
- 21st Century Seamanship
- Small Navies: Strategy and Policy for Small Navies in War and Peace
- The Baltimore Sabotage Cell: German Agents, American Traitors, and the U-Boat Deutschland During World War I
- Re-Inventing The Ship: Science, Technology and the Maritime World, 1800-1918
- The Indian Ocean and US Grand Strategy: Ensuring Access And Promoting Security
Latest CommentsJ. K. M. Nair: Shipping always is a serious business and the world cannot ignore the fact that cargo moves means s...
Dirk Smit: Very informative...
stuart ballantyne: excellent ! couldn't have said it better myself...
Leonardo Alphonso: I am given to understand this book is useful for marine engineers for learning about purification of...