|Lockheed Martin-led team delivers future USS ‘Detroit’|
|Tuesday, 16 August 2016 16:55|
A Lockheed Martin-led industry team has delivered the seventh 118.6-metre Littoral Combat Ship (LCS), the future USS ‘Detroit’, to the US Navy.
The ‘Detroit’ is the fourth Freedom-variant LCS delivered to the US Navy by Lockheed Martin and is scheduled to be commissioned in Detroit on October 22.
The Lockheed Martin-led team is currently in production of the Freedom-variant, with six ships under construction at Fincantieri Marinette Marine (FMM) and three more in long-lead material procurement. Lockheed claims the ship's modular design enables the US Navy to achieve increased capacity and capability at a fraction of the cost of other platforms.
The Lockheed Martin-led LCS team is comprised of Fincantieri Marinette Marine, naval architect Gibbs and Cox, and more than 500 suppliers.
Cialis Side Effects is just like any other medication yet do not need to worry and think that all is bad. There is nothing surprising in this. All is simple and clear.
Latest Book Reviews
- The US Naval Institute on Naval Strategy
- Silent And Unseen: On Patrol in Three Cold War Attack Submarines
- 21st Century Seamanship
- Small Navies: Strategy and Policy for Small Navies in War and Peace
- The Baltimore Sabotage Cell: German Agents, American Traitors, and the U-Boat Deutschland During World War I
- Re-Inventing The Ship: Science, Technology and the Maritime World, 1800-1918
- The Indian Ocean and US Grand Strategy: Ensuring Access And Promoting Security
Latest CommentsJ. K. M. Nair: Shipping always is a serious business and the world cannot ignore the fact that cargo moves means s...
Dirk Smit: Very informative...
stuart ballantyne: excellent ! couldn't have said it better myself...
Leonardo Alphonso: I am given to understand this book is useful for marine engineers for learning about purification of...