|‘Tam Dao 05’ jack-up rig handed over|
|Tuesday, 16 August 2016 16:50|
A Russian-Vietnamese joint venture between Vietsovpetro and PetroVietnam Marine Shipyard (PV Shipyard) has concluded with the handover of the ‘Tam Dao 05’ jack up rig following 32 months of construction.
The ‘Tam Dao 05’ has a total tonnage of 18,000, is capable of operating at a depth of 120 metres below water, and will be able to drill at a depth of 9,000 metres.
This is the second jack-up rig domestically manufactured by subsidiaries of PetroVietnam for Vietsovpetro. The first was ‘Tam Dao 03’ which was put into operation in 2012.
Latest Book Reviews
- The US Naval Institute on Naval Strategy
- Silent And Unseen: On Patrol in Three Cold War Attack Submarines
- 21st Century Seamanship
- Small Navies: Strategy and Policy for Small Navies in War and Peace
- The Baltimore Sabotage Cell: German Agents, American Traitors, and the U-Boat Deutschland During World War I
- Re-Inventing The Ship: Science, Technology and the Maritime World, 1800-1918
- The Indian Ocean and US Grand Strategy: Ensuring Access And Promoting Security
Latest CommentsJ. K. M. Nair: Shipping always is a serious business and the world cannot ignore the fact that cargo moves means s...
Dirk Smit: Very informative...
stuart ballantyne: excellent ! couldn't have said it better myself...
Leonardo Alphonso: I am given to understand this book is useful for marine engineers for learning about purification of...