|Crowley takes delivery of fourth LNG-ready product tanker|
|Tuesday, 16 August 2016 16:40|
Crowley Maritime has taken delivery of the ‘West Virginia’, the fourth in a series of product tankers being built for the company by Philly Shipyard.
The ‘West Virginia’ is LNG ready, meaning it can be converted for propulsion by liquefied natural gas (LNG).
‘West Virginia’ joins its sister ships, ‘Louisiana’, ‘Ohio’ and ‘Texas’, which were received by Crowley in 2015 and 2016 as the first-ever tankers to receive the American Bureau of Shipping’s (ABS) LNG-Ready Level 1 approval, Crowley said.
Like its sister ships, ‘West Virginia’ is 50,000DWT and capable of carrying 330,000 barrels of product.
The new tankers are based on a Hyundai Mipo Dockyards (HMD) design and are 182 metres long and capable of carrying crude oil or refined petroleum products, as well as various chemical cargoes.
Marathon Petroleum Corporation is the charterer of the vessel.
Cialis Side Effects is just like any other medication but do not need to worry and believe that everybody is bad. There is nothing surprising in this. All is simple and clear.
Latest Book Reviews
- The US Naval Institute on Naval Strategy
- Silent And Unseen: On Patrol in Three Cold War Attack Submarines
- 21st Century Seamanship
- Small Navies: Strategy and Policy for Small Navies in War and Peace
- The Baltimore Sabotage Cell: German Agents, American Traitors, and the U-Boat Deutschland During World War I
- Re-Inventing The Ship: Science, Technology and the Maritime World, 1800-1918
- The Indian Ocean and US Grand Strategy: Ensuring Access And Promoting Security
Latest CommentsLeonardo Alphonso: I am given to understand this book is useful for marine engineers for learning about purification of...
david wood ross: Excellent timely article Neil and accurately reflects my own experience. I say timely because recent...
Ross Fletcher: Well said.Needs a lot more noise on this issue. As a professional merchant navy Officer, I have been...
John Oscroft: Try the Barrow in Furness (UK) museum, housed in an old dry dock, whilst a lot is given over to the ...