|‘Transocean Winner’ fuel tanks breached|
|Thursday, 11 August 2016 17:25|
The fuel tanks of the grounded drilling rig ‘Transocean Winner’ have been breached, the UK’s Maritime and Coastguard Agency has said.
The rig grounded in Scotland after breaking away from a towing tug which was transporting the rig from Norway to Malta.
SMIT Salvage and Transocean assessment teams found that two of the rig’s four fuel tanks were breached, and have released an unknown amount of fuel into the environment.
As of Wednesday, there was no evidence of oil in the water surrounding the rig or on the beach, Hugh Shaw, a government official, told the BBC.
Further attempts at inspection have been hindered by the weather, but an upcoming break should allow salvage teams to refloat the rig.
Cialis Side Effects is just like any other medication but do not need to worry and believe that everybody is bad. There is nothing surprising in this. All is simple and clear.
Latest Book Reviews
- The US Naval Institute on Naval Strategy
- Silent And Unseen: On Patrol in Three Cold War Attack Submarines
- 21st Century Seamanship
- Small Navies: Strategy and Policy for Small Navies in War and Peace
- The Baltimore Sabotage Cell: German Agents, American Traitors, and the U-Boat Deutschland During World War I
- Re-Inventing The Ship: Science, Technology and the Maritime World, 1800-1918
- The Indian Ocean and US Grand Strategy: Ensuring Access And Promoting Security
Latest CommentsJ. K. M. Nair: Shipping always is a serious business and the world cannot ignore the fact that cargo moves means s...
Dirk Smit: Very informative...
stuart ballantyne: excellent ! couldn't have said it better myself...
Leonardo Alphonso: I am given to understand this book is useful for marine engineers for learning about purification of...