|‘Vision of The Fjords’ delivered|
|Thursday, 11 August 2016 17:09|
A new sightseeing vessel, ‘Vision of The Fjords’, has been delivered to Norwegian operator The Fjords.
The new hybrid-electric carbon fibre catamaran is designed to carry 400 passengers and will operate in Nærøyfjord on the west coast of Norway.
The 40-metre vessel features Brodrene’s “Seasight” design, created for an improved sightseeing experience.
‘Vision of The Fjords’ is equipped with an electric hybrid propulsion system. It has two MAN Diesel engines and two Oswald PM 150kW electrical motors.
During sightseeing the vessel will be powered by batteries only, while in transit it can use diesel engines to increase the range. The batteries can be charged ether by on-shore power or by the engines on board.
The vessel is built from carbon fibre composite materials. The low weight helps to reduce energy consumption and lower the power and battery capacities needed.
The catamaran’s design also reduces waves and wash on the vulnerable shores of the narrow fjords.
Cialis Side Effects is just like any other medication but do not must to worry and think that all is bad. There is nothing surprising in this. All is simple and clear.
Latest Book Reviews
- The US Naval Institute on Naval Strategy
- Silent And Unseen: On Patrol in Three Cold War Attack Submarines
- 21st Century Seamanship
- Small Navies: Strategy and Policy for Small Navies in War and Peace
- The Baltimore Sabotage Cell: German Agents, American Traitors, and the U-Boat Deutschland During World War I
- Re-Inventing The Ship: Science, Technology and the Maritime World, 1800-1918
- The Indian Ocean and US Grand Strategy: Ensuring Access And Promoting Security
Latest CommentsJ. K. M. Nair: Shipping always is a serious business and the world cannot ignore the fact that cargo moves means s...
Dirk Smit: Very informative...
stuart ballantyne: excellent ! couldn't have said it better myself...
Leonardo Alphonso: I am given to understand this book is useful for marine engineers for learning about purification of...