|Hangzhou Port launches fleet of patrol boats for G20|
|Thursday, 28 July 2016 15:49|
In preparation of the September G20 Summit of Heads of State in Hangzhou, China, six new high-speed coastguard boats have been launched to strengthen security on and around the Qiantang River, China.
The high-speed, fibreglass-hulled, rigid inflatables have a length of 12.35 metres, a beam of 3.8 metres and a draught of 1.87 metres.
Displacing 11.1 tonnes, the craft are equipped with the Cursor 9, C90 550 engine and can reach speeds of up to 40 knots. Equipped with a water cooled fixed geometry turbo charger with waste gate flap and intercooler, the C90 550 reaches a maximum power of 405kW at 2,530rpm.
The vessels have an endurance of 434 nautical miles, permitting for sustained patrol capability at speeds that reportedly double the existing Hangzhou fleet.
The vessels will initially be used to allow for smooth operations during the G20 by strengthening river security. After the meeting, they will offer increased water transport management capabilities in the Hangzhou area.
Cialis Side Effects is just such as any other medication but do not must to worry and believe that all is bad. There is nothing surprising in this. All is simple and clear.
Latest Book Reviews
- The US Naval Institute on Naval Strategy
- Silent And Unseen: On Patrol in Three Cold War Attack Submarines
- 21st Century Seamanship
- Small Navies: Strategy and Policy for Small Navies in War and Peace
- The Baltimore Sabotage Cell: German Agents, American Traitors, and the U-Boat Deutschland During World War I
- Re-Inventing The Ship: Science, Technology and the Maritime World, 1800-1918
- The Indian Ocean and US Grand Strategy: Ensuring Access And Promoting Security
Latest CommentsJ. K. M. Nair: Shipping always is a serious business and the world cannot ignore the fact that cargo moves means s...
Dirk Smit: Very informative...
stuart ballantyne: excellent ! couldn't have said it better myself...
Leonardo Alphonso: I am given to understand this book is useful for marine engineers for learning about purification of...