|APICORP and Bahri to launch US$1.5 billion shipping fund|
|Tuesday, 19 July 2016 16:49|
The Arab Petroleum Investments Corporation (APICORP) and the National Shipping Company of Saudi Arabia (Bahri) have launched a shipping fund to acquire 15 VLCCs.
The fund will acquire the vessels in three phases, with total investment reaching US$1.5 billion. It will be a closed-end fund covering a period of ten years.
APICORP will invest 85 per cent of the value of the fund and will act as the fund manager, whilst Bahri will input the remaining 15 per cent and handle the commercial and technical aspects.
“This fund will not only reduce Saudi Arabia’s dependence on external crude carriers but also its earnings will be reinvested in the local economy,” said Abdulrahman Mohammed Al Mofadhi, chairman of Bahri.
The acquisitions will also make Bahri one of the biggest VLCC operator in the international VLCC market segment, the company said.
Cialis Side Effects is just like any other medication yet do not need to worry and believe that everyone is bad. There is nothing surprising in this. All is simple and clear.
Latest Book Reviews
- The US Naval Institute on Naval Strategy
- Silent And Unseen: On Patrol in Three Cold War Attack Submarines
- 21st Century Seamanship
- Small Navies: Strategy and Policy for Small Navies in War and Peace
- The Baltimore Sabotage Cell: German Agents, American Traitors, and the U-Boat Deutschland During World War I
- Re-Inventing The Ship: Science, Technology and the Maritime World, 1800-1918
- The Indian Ocean and US Grand Strategy: Ensuring Access And Promoting Security
Latest CommentsJ. K. M. Nair: Shipping always is a serious business and the world cannot ignore the fact that cargo moves means s...
Dirk Smit: Very informative...
stuart ballantyne: excellent ! couldn't have said it better myself...
Leonardo Alphonso: I am given to understand this book is useful for marine engineers for learning about purification of...