|Coalition formed to promote LNG as a marine fuel|
|Thursday, 14 July 2016 18:06|
More than ten marine industry players have formed a coalition to accelerate the widespread adoption of liquefied natural gas (LNG) as a marine fuel.
The coalition, known as SEA/LNG, aims to, “help break down the barriers hindering the global development of LNG in marine applications, thereby improving the environmental performance of the shipping industry.”
The partners in the SEA/LNG coalition include Carnival Corporation, DNV-GL, ENGIE, ENN Group, GE Marine, GTT, Lloyds Register, Mitsubishi, NYK Line, Port of Rotterdam, Qatargas, Shell Downstream and Tote.
Each member organisation will commit human resources, data analysis, and knowledge sharing to support the coalition’s activities.
The coalition will focus on supporting the development of LNG bunkering in major ports, educating stakeholders as to the risks and opportunities of LNG fuel, and developing globally consistent regulations for cleaner shipping fuels.
Cialis Side Effects is just like any other medication but do not need to worry and believe that everybody is bad. There is nothing surprising in this. Everybody is simple and clear.
Latest Book Reviews
- The US Naval Institute on Naval Strategy
- Silent And Unseen: On Patrol in Three Cold War Attack Submarines
- 21st Century Seamanship
- Small Navies: Strategy and Policy for Small Navies in War and Peace
- The Baltimore Sabotage Cell: German Agents, American Traitors, and the U-Boat Deutschland During World War I
- Re-Inventing The Ship: Science, Technology and the Maritime World, 1800-1918
- The Indian Ocean and US Grand Strategy: Ensuring Access And Promoting Security
Latest CommentsJ. K. M. Nair: Shipping always is a serious business and the world cannot ignore the fact that cargo moves means s...
Dirk Smit: Very informative...
stuart ballantyne: excellent ! couldn't have said it better myself...
Leonardo Alphonso: I am given to understand this book is useful for marine engineers for learning about purification of...