|COSCO Shipping confirms acquisition of Piraeus Port|
|Thursday, 07 July 2016 16:27|
COSCO Shipping and the Hellenic Republic Asset Development Fund (HRADF) have confirmed that COSCO will acquire 67 per cent of equities of the Piraeus Port Authority (PPA).
Piraeus’ geographic location, the Chinese Belt and Road initiative and close Sino-Hellenic relations are said to have influenced COSCO’s decision to pursue a share of the PPA.
The throughput of Port of Piraeus rose from 880,000TEU in 2010 to 3,360,000TEU in 2015, and the ranking of its throughput also rose from 93rd to 39th.
On April 8, 2016, COSCO signed the share purchase agreement and shareholders agreement with HRADF. On June 10, 2016, the Piraeus Port Authority held an extraordinary general meeting, in which the Board of Directors approved the SPA Agreement, and on June 22, 2016, the Hellenic Competition Committee gave its approval for the transaction.
The Greek parliament ratified the “landmark” concession agreement on June 30, 2016 by an overwhelming majority, which concluded the series of necessary approvals before COSCO completes the transaction.
Cialis Side Effects is just like any other medication but do not must to worry and think that everyone is bad. There is nothing surprising in this. Everyone is simple and clear.
Latest Book Reviews
- The US Naval Institute on Naval Strategy
- Silent And Unseen: On Patrol in Three Cold War Attack Submarines
- 21st Century Seamanship
- Small Navies: Strategy and Policy for Small Navies in War and Peace
- The Baltimore Sabotage Cell: German Agents, American Traitors, and the U-Boat Deutschland During World War I
- Re-Inventing The Ship: Science, Technology and the Maritime World, 1800-1918
- The Indian Ocean and US Grand Strategy: Ensuring Access And Promoting Security
Latest CommentsJ. K. M. Nair: Shipping always is a serious business and the world cannot ignore the fact that cargo moves means s...
Dirk Smit: Very informative...
stuart ballantyne: excellent ! couldn't have said it better myself...
Leonardo Alphonso: I am given to understand this book is useful for marine engineers for learning about purification of...