|Star Bulk sees worst first quarter in 30 years|
|Tuesday, 05 July 2016 16:58|
Star Bulk Carriers has released its unaudited financial and operating results for the first quarter 2016 – the worst it has seen in three decades.
“The first quarter of 2016 was the worst of the last 30 years, as freight rates remained below operating costs and vessel values reached new lows across all dry bulk vessel classes,” Petros Pappas, Chief Executive Officer of Star Bulk, said.
The company has entered into negotiations with its banks in the past months to, “defer principal payments and waive or substantially relax financial covenants, so as to preserve liquidity well into 2019,” according to a company statement.
For the first quarter of 2016, which ended March 31, Star Bulk’s operating loss was US$34.9 million compared to operating loss of $33.9 million for the first quarter of 2015.
Net loss for the first quarter of 2016, was US$48.8 million compared to US$40.2 million the previous year.
Cialis Side Effects is just like any other medication but do not necessity to worry and believe that everyone is bad. There is nothing surprising in this. Everything is simple and clear.
Latest Book Reviews
- The US Naval Institute on Naval Strategy
- Silent And Unseen: On Patrol in Three Cold War Attack Submarines
- 21st Century Seamanship
- Small Navies: Strategy and Policy for Small Navies in War and Peace
- The Baltimore Sabotage Cell: German Agents, American Traitors, and the U-Boat Deutschland During World War I
- Re-Inventing The Ship: Science, Technology and the Maritime World, 1800-1918
- The Indian Ocean and US Grand Strategy: Ensuring Access And Promoting Security
Latest CommentsJ. K. M. Nair: Shipping always is a serious business and the world cannot ignore the fact that cargo moves means s...
Dirk Smit: Very informative...
stuart ballantyne: excellent ! couldn't have said it better myself...
Leonardo Alphonso: I am given to understand this book is useful for marine engineers for learning about purification of...