|Chamber of Shipping responds to Brexit|
|Tuesday, 28 June 2016 17:54|
Following the UK’s vote to leave the European Union, the nation’s Chamber of Shipping (CoS) has released a statement calling for calm.
“The UK Chamber of Shipping remained neutral on the question of the UK’s membership of the EU but we recognise the decision of the British people,” the statement read.
“The chamber has always argued that the shipping industry is resilient by its nature. Shipping moves 95 per cent of the UK’s international trade and we don’t see that changing.”
The CoS called for the UK Government to establish a new free trade commission. It suggests that this commission would work across the Department for Business and the Foreign Office to train trade negotiators and begin the process of establishing new trading ties around the world and be ready for the negotiations with the remaining members of the EU.
“What we need now are cool heads,” the statement added. “We’ve had the political debate, now it’s time for rational and strategic thinking.”
Cialis Side Effects is just such as any other medication but do not necessity to worry and believe that everything is bad. There is nothing surprising in this. All is simple and clear.
Latest Book Reviews
- The US Naval Institute on Naval Strategy
- Silent And Unseen: On Patrol in Three Cold War Attack Submarines
- 21st Century Seamanship
- Small Navies: Strategy and Policy for Small Navies in War and Peace
- The Baltimore Sabotage Cell: German Agents, American Traitors, and the U-Boat Deutschland During World War I
- Re-Inventing The Ship: Science, Technology and the Maritime World, 1800-1918
- The Indian Ocean and US Grand Strategy: Ensuring Access And Promoting Security
Latest CommentsJ. K. M. Nair: Shipping always is a serious business and the world cannot ignore the fact that cargo moves means s...
Dirk Smit: Very informative...
stuart ballantyne: excellent ! couldn't have said it better myself...
Leonardo Alphonso: I am given to understand this book is useful for marine engineers for learning about purification of...