|Irving commits $2 million for research in Canada's north|
|Tuesday, 14 June 2016 16:34|
Irving Shipbuilding has made a funding commitment of C$2 million (US$1.5 million) for an applied research project focused on Canada’s north in partnership with the Nunavut Arctic College.
Irving Shipbuilding is obliged to spend part of its contract revenue from the Canadian Government on research having been selected for the arctic offshore patrol (AOP) vessel contract.
Canada's National Shipbuilding Strategy (NSS) will see Irving Shipbuilding committing 0.5 per cent of contract revenues, amounting to approximately $12 million over the duration of the AOP contract.
Nunavut College has called for research proposals that will build knowledge on spill response readiness, study how to clean oil off of ice, and to develop tools and technologies to respond to marine accidents and hazards.
"Projects like these help to ensure Canada has a developed and vibrant marine research industry, particularly in the Arctic," said Kevin McCoy, Irving Shipbuilding President.
Cialis Side Effects is just like any other medication but do not need to worry and think that all is bad. There is nothing surprising in this. Everyone is simple and clear.
Latest Book Reviews
- The US Naval Institute on Naval Strategy
- Silent And Unseen: On Patrol in Three Cold War Attack Submarines
- 21st Century Seamanship
- Small Navies: Strategy and Policy for Small Navies in War and Peace
- The Baltimore Sabotage Cell: German Agents, American Traitors, and the U-Boat Deutschland During World War I
- Re-Inventing The Ship: Science, Technology and the Maritime World, 1800-1918
- The Indian Ocean and US Grand Strategy: Ensuring Access And Promoting Security
Latest CommentsJ. K. M. Nair: Shipping always is a serious business and the world cannot ignore the fact that cargo moves means s...
Dirk Smit: Very informative...
stuart ballantyne: excellent ! couldn't have said it better myself...
Leonardo Alphonso: I am given to understand this book is useful for marine engineers for learning about purification of...