|Columbian fisherman rescued after two months at sea|
|Tuesday, 10 May 2016 16:58|
A 29-year-old Columbian has been rescued after a two-month ordeal at sea after his skiff suffered engine failure in the Pacific.
The man was collected by a bulk carrier, the ‘Nikkei Verde’, around 2,150 miles southeast of Hilo, Hawaii, as the vessel travelled to China. The man was reported to have arrived in good condition to the US Coast Guard, having survived on a diet of seagulls and fish.
The ‘Nikkei Verde’ transferred the man to a coast guard response boat following near Honolulu.
According to the survivor he and three companions set out from Columbia more than two months earlier. Once the skiff’s engine became disabled they were adrift.
The three other men reportedly perished at sea. Their bodies were not aboard the skiff when located by ‘Nikkei Verde’s’ crew but the survivor surrendered their passports to officials.
Cialis Side Effects is just like any other medication but do not necessity to worry and think that everything is bad. There is nothing surprising in this. All is simple and clear.
Latest Book Reviews
- The US Naval Institute on Naval Strategy
- Silent And Unseen: On Patrol in Three Cold War Attack Submarines
- 21st Century Seamanship
- Small Navies: Strategy and Policy for Small Navies in War and Peace
- The Baltimore Sabotage Cell: German Agents, American Traitors, and the U-Boat Deutschland During World War I
- Re-Inventing The Ship: Science, Technology and the Maritime World, 1800-1918
- The Indian Ocean and US Grand Strategy: Ensuring Access And Promoting Security
Latest CommentsJ. K. M. Nair: Shipping always is a serious business and the world cannot ignore the fact that cargo moves means s...
Dirk Smit: Very informative...
stuart ballantyne: excellent ! couldn't have said it better myself...
Leonardo Alphonso: I am given to understand this book is useful for marine engineers for learning about purification of...