|US$5 million for marine highway services|
|Thursday, 05 May 2016 16:25|
The United States Maritime Administration (MARAD) has made US$5 million in federal funding available to expand the country’s marine highway service.
MARAD’s money will be used to create new or expand existing services along designated marine highway routes.
Marine highways provide new modal choices to shippers of cargo, reduce transportation costs, and provide public benefits including reduced air emissions, reduced road maintenance costs, and improved safety and resiliency.
“The purpose of the appropriation is to make grants for projects related to documented vessels and port and landside infrastructure,” the application note states. “Eligible applicants must be sponsors of Marine Highway Projects formally designated by the Secretary of Transportation.”
“MARAD invites applications for projects that have the added benefit of mitigating the negative impact of freight movement on communities. Projects should also provide additional public benefit by addressing access to training and job opportunities, where applicable and appropriate.”
Applications must be submitted electronically by May 27, 2016.
Cialis Side Effects is just like any other medication but do not must to worry and think that everyone is bad. There is nothing surprising in this. All is simple and clear.
Latest Book Reviews
- The US Naval Institute on Naval Strategy
- Silent And Unseen: On Patrol in Three Cold War Attack Submarines
- 21st Century Seamanship
- Small Navies: Strategy and Policy for Small Navies in War and Peace
- The Baltimore Sabotage Cell: German Agents, American Traitors, and the U-Boat Deutschland During World War I
- Re-Inventing The Ship: Science, Technology and the Maritime World, 1800-1918
- The Indian Ocean and US Grand Strategy: Ensuring Access And Promoting Security
Latest CommentsJ. K. M. Nair: Shipping always is a serious business and the world cannot ignore the fact that cargo moves means s...
Dirk Smit: Very informative...
stuart ballantyne: excellent ! couldn't have said it better myself...
Leonardo Alphonso: I am given to understand this book is useful for marine engineers for learning about purification of...