|‘Theben’ joins growing fleet of HERO vessels|
|Tuesday, 26 April 2016 17:27|
The ‘Theben’ has been added to Wallenius Wilhelmsen Logistics’ fleet of high efficiency Ro-Ro (HERO) vessels.
This is the third in a total of eight new Ro-Ro vessels that will commence service for WWL between 2015 and 2017. The vessels are designed to fit the new Panama locks, which will open in June this year.
‘Theben’ joins her sister vessels ‘Thalatta’ and ‘Thermopylae’ in the line of post-Panamax vessels. The HERO-class vessels measure nearly 200 metres long, 36.5 metres wide and features five liftable car decks, allowing for multiple configurations. The Ro-Ros can transport up to 8,000CEU.
The vessel has a specially designed hull shape, rudder and bow to reduce drag and wave resistance. The class are also fitted with an exhaust gas cleaning system that reduces sulphur emissions in compliance with ECA regulations and removes 70 per cent of particulate matter.
The ‘Theben’ will be employed in the Asia-Europe trade, where loading started April 18 in Yokohama, Japan.
Cialis Side Effects is just such as any other medication yet do not need to worry and expect that everybody is bad. There is nothing surprising in this. Everyone is simple and clear.
Latest Book Reviews
- The US Naval Institute on Naval Strategy
- Silent And Unseen: On Patrol in Three Cold War Attack Submarines
- 21st Century Seamanship
- Small Navies: Strategy and Policy for Small Navies in War and Peace
- The Baltimore Sabotage Cell: German Agents, American Traitors, and the U-Boat Deutschland During World War I
- Re-Inventing The Ship: Science, Technology and the Maritime World, 1800-1918
- The Indian Ocean and US Grand Strategy: Ensuring Access And Promoting Security
Latest CommentsJ. K. M. Nair: Shipping always is a serious business and the world cannot ignore the fact that cargo moves means s...
Dirk Smit: Very informative...
stuart ballantyne: excellent ! couldn't have said it better myself...
Leonardo Alphonso: I am given to understand this book is useful for marine engineers for learning about purification of...