|Solomon dispute escalates|
|Thursday, 14 April 2016 17:36|
A ban on shipping services and the sacking of Solomon Islands Ports Authority chief executive Colin Yow is being sought by the Workers’ Union (WUSI) of the Solomon Islands in a protest over the sacking of port workers.
An offshoot of the Solomon National Union of Workers – which was deregistered in 2013 after the Solomon Islands High Court ruled it had taken illegal strike action in a separate dispute – WUSI is calling for International Transport Workers’ Federation (ITF) support.
The ITF’s London headquarters has confirmed it is consulting with port workers in the country and offering, “our support, initially by putting direct pressure for change on the Solomon Islands Government”.
In the meantime, the High Court has ruled that the port workers are to be reinstated while the country’s Trade Disputes Panel arbitrates on the matter.
The dispute between WUSI and the ports authority, which is reportedly attempting to implement a reform programme on the waterfront, appears to have been simmering for some time.
Cialis Side Effects is just like any other medication but do not need to worry and think that everything is bad. There is nothing surprising in this. Everything is simple and clear.
Latest Book Reviews
- The US Naval Institute on Naval Strategy
- Silent And Unseen: On Patrol in Three Cold War Attack Submarines
- 21st Century Seamanship
- Small Navies: Strategy and Policy for Small Navies in War and Peace
- The Baltimore Sabotage Cell: German Agents, American Traitors, and the U-Boat Deutschland During World War I
- Re-Inventing The Ship: Science, Technology and the Maritime World, 1800-1918
- The Indian Ocean and US Grand Strategy: Ensuring Access And Promoting Security
Latest CommentsJ. K. M. Nair: Shipping always is a serious business and the world cannot ignore the fact that cargo moves means s...
Dirk Smit: Very informative...
stuart ballantyne: excellent ! couldn't have said it better myself...
Leonardo Alphonso: I am given to understand this book is useful for marine engineers for learning about purification of...