|Grounded ‘TS Taipei’ pumping postponed|
|Tuesday, 29 March 2016 16:51|
Environmental protective measures to stop the freighter ‘TS Taipei’ leaking fuel oil after it grounded near Northern Taipei on March 10 have been postponed awaiting weather improvements.
The freighter split in two after grounding and fears remain that the remaining sections could capsize. The split ruptured fuel tanks that have now leaked fuel and oil into the surrounding waters.
Local environmental authorities have begun attempts to limit the damage by pumping the remaining oil from the vessel, but have had to retreat due to adverse weather conditions.
Government agencies have sent in a 428-strong cleanup team to try and tackle the affected areas on the coast while three fishing vessels are attempting to carry out cleanup operations at sea.
Cialis Side Effects is just like any other medication but do not need to worry and think that all is bad. There is nothing surprising in this. Everything is simple and clear.
Latest Book Reviews
- The US Naval Institute on Naval Strategy
- Silent And Unseen: On Patrol in Three Cold War Attack Submarines
- 21st Century Seamanship
- Small Navies: Strategy and Policy for Small Navies in War and Peace
- The Baltimore Sabotage Cell: German Agents, American Traitors, and the U-Boat Deutschland During World War I
- Re-Inventing The Ship: Science, Technology and the Maritime World, 1800-1918
- The Indian Ocean and US Grand Strategy: Ensuring Access And Promoting Security
Latest CommentsLeonardo Alphonso: I am given to understand this book is useful for marine engineers for learning about purification of...
david wood ross: Excellent timely article Neil and accurately reflects my own experience. I say timely because recent...
Ross Fletcher: Well said.Needs a lot more noise on this issue. As a professional merchant navy Officer, I have been...
John Oscroft: Try the Barrow in Furness (UK) museum, housed in an old dry dock, whilst a lot is given over to the ...