|Running A Marine Survey Company|
|Tuesday, 04 August 2015 12:12|
Author: Mike Wall
From Baird Maritime
While aimed primarily at marine surveyors, this excellent little book is of equal value to the ship owners, ship buyers, regulators and insurers who use their services.
In addition to that, the book has considerable supplementary value as a really simple and brief but comprehensive guide to small business management, particularly to managers of “start-up” businesses. A triple-edged sword!
The author is very much of the “old school”. He went to sea with Cunard as an engineering apprentice and worked his way up to chief engineer then superintendent. Later he became a government marine surveyor before founding and running his own marine survey company in Hong Kong from 1992 until his retirement in 2011. In between he has been a prolific educator and writer. He has seen it all in most parts of the world and truly knows his stuff.
All eleven chapters are valuable but his sections on personnel management, client relations and company development are particularly so.
Ordering information:Petrospot, Adderbury, UK. Web: www.petrospot.com
Cialis Side Effects is just such as any other medication but do not necessity to worry and expect that everything is bad. There is nothing surprising in this. All is simple and clear.
Latest Book Reviews
- The US Naval Institute on Naval Strategy
- Silent And Unseen: On Patrol in Three Cold War Attack Submarines
- 21st Century Seamanship
- Small Navies: Strategy and Policy for Small Navies in War and Peace
- The Baltimore Sabotage Cell: German Agents, American Traitors, and the U-Boat Deutschland During World War I
- Re-Inventing The Ship: Science, Technology and the Maritime World, 1800-1918
- The Indian Ocean and US Grand Strategy: Ensuring Access And Promoting Security
Latest CommentsJ. K. M. Nair: Shipping always is a serious business and the world cannot ignore the fact that cargo moves means s...
Dirk Smit: Very informative...
stuart ballantyne: excellent ! couldn't have said it better myself...
Leonardo Alphonso: I am given to understand this book is useful for marine engineers for learning about purification of...