|Super Highway: Sea Power in the 21st Century|
|Wednesday, 15 July 2015 00:00|
Author: Chris Parry Publisher: Elliott & Thompson
From Baird Maritime
The author is a retired Rear Admiral RN who also happens to have read Modern History at Oxford. In other words, a member of that small but invaluable band of seamen intellectuals.
This combination of experience and talent comes to the fore in this very comprehensive and thought provoking book. A simple, clear explanation of where current navies have come from; where they are; and, where they will need to go is the guts of it.
Admiral Parry has taken a truly global view and provides succinct word pictures of all major and most minor contemporary navies. That shows us where we are. The important part, though, is where he thinks we should be heading.
Obviously, as he explains, “Sea blindness” is a near universal problem but his suggested solutions to it are sensible and achievable. This book is of considerable value to anyone.
Ordering information:Elliott & Thompson London, UK Web: www.eandtbooks.com
Cialis Side Effects is just such as any other medication but do not need to worry and believe that all is bad. There is nothing surprising in this. Everyone is simple and clear.
Latest Book Reviews
- The US Naval Institute on Naval Strategy
- Silent And Unseen: On Patrol in Three Cold War Attack Submarines
- 21st Century Seamanship
- Small Navies: Strategy and Policy for Small Navies in War and Peace
- The Baltimore Sabotage Cell: German Agents, American Traitors, and the U-Boat Deutschland During World War I
- Re-Inventing The Ship: Science, Technology and the Maritime World, 1800-1918
- The Indian Ocean and US Grand Strategy: Ensuring Access And Promoting Security
Latest CommentsJ. K. M. Nair: Shipping always is a serious business and the world cannot ignore the fact that cargo moves means s...
Dirk Smit: Very informative...
stuart ballantyne: excellent ! couldn't have said it better myself...
Leonardo Alphonso: I am given to understand this book is useful for marine engineers for learning about purification of...