|Naming ceremony held for two new Angola LNG ships|
|Tuesday, 15 November 2011 16:34|
A naming ceremony has been held at the Geoje Island shipyard of Samsung Heavy Industries in South Korea for two LNG vessels being built for joint owners NYK LNG (Atlantic), Mitsui and Teekay Corporation.
‘Lobito’ and ‘Cubal’ are jointly owned by NYK LNG (Atlantic) (33 percent), Mitsui (34 percent), and Teekay (33 percent). ‘Lobito’ was completed on October 31, and ‘Cubal’ will be by January 12, 2012. The vessels are the third and fourth of in a four-vessel series, following the first two sisters ‘Soyo’ and ‘Malanje’, which were completed in August and September. These four vessels will be used for shipments of LNG from Angola to the global market under 20-year time charters. The vessels have been chartered by Angola LNG Supply Services (ALSS) and will ship the LNG produced by Angola LNG.
Each vessel has a length overall of 285 metres and a breadth of 43.4 metres, with cargo capacity of 160,276.4 cubic metres and a gross tonnage of 100,800 tonnes.
Latest Book Reviews
- Deep Sea And Foreign Going: Inside Shipping, The Invisible Industry That Brings You 90% Of Everything
- The Shark’s Paintbrush: Biomimicry and How Nature is Inspiring Innovation
- The American Clipper Ship, 1845-1920: A Comprehensive History, with a Listing of Builders and Their Ships
- Pollution Prevention From Ships: 30 Years of HELMEPA and MARPOL
- French Designs On Colonial New South Wales: François Péron’s Memoir on the English Settlement in New Holland, Van Diemen’s Land and The Archipelagos of the Great Pacific Ocean
- Through Albert’s Eyes: Volume 2 of the British Navy at War and Peace
- Coping With Piracy: Maritime Security Handbook
Latest CommentsKenny: Mermaid Sapphire is not a Mermaid Marine Australia vessel. The vessel is owned by Thai Company with ...
Rob simm: How does seeing a vessel operating outside of Australia in Sakalin, have anything to do with the MUA...
Dan Westerlund: To be noted that bigger (wider) ships can be built in Turku than in Papenburg. There have been negot...
Richard Stretch: Hi I am looking for information regarding Robert Farquhar.He was working at Walkers Limited earley i...