|Drillships order for Hyundai HiMSEN engines|
|Monday, 05 September 2011 16:34|
Hyundai Heavy Industries has won orders to supply 98 of its HiMSEN marine engines, worth US$150 million, for 15 drillships under construction.
HiMSEN engines are medium-speed, four-stroke diesel engines. Usually, six to eight marine engines are installed in a drillship to generate power for the thrusters, which keep the drillship in position while operating. The drillships are being built for several major offshore drilling companies, including Noble Drilling Holding and Diamond Offshore Drilling, to be launched from the first half of 2012.
Since the first unit rolled off the line in 2001, Hyundai Heavy has exported 6,700 HiMSEN engines to 40 countries in Latin America, the Middle East and Africa, accounting for up for 35 percent of the international market for medium-speed marine engines. The HiMSEN engine also won design awards at the 2010 International Forum (iF) Design Award and Red Dot Design Award 2010.
For further information contact:Hyundai Heavy Industries, South Korea Web: http://english.hhi.co.kr/
Latest Book Reviews
- A Handful Of Bullets: How the Murder of Archduke Franz Ferdinand still Menaces the Peace
- Guidance For LNG Carriers: Transiting the Panama Canal
- Eagle Seamanship: A Manual for Square-Rigger Sailing
- West Coast Wrecks & Other Maritime Tales
- The Burning Shore: How Hitler’s U-Boats Brought World War II to America
- In The Shadow Of Greatness: Voices of Leadership, Sacrifice, and Service from America’s Longest War
- Rebalancing US Forces: Basing and Forward Presence in the Asia Pacific
Latest Commentsanna sinclair: I am working at Deep water point and would like to know the history of Paspaley family
Dave: Perhaps a bit more research would have helped your article accuracy on the push for more recreationa...
Fred: Meanwhile you guys wonder why no one pays your rants any attention. Took me quite sometime to go thr...
John Dunn.: I was an Indentured Apprentice in the 1960's after completing three years pre-sea training. As I c...