|Drillships order for Hyundai HiMSEN engines|
|Monday, 05 September 2011 16:34|
Hyundai Heavy Industries has won orders to supply 98 of its HiMSEN marine engines, worth US$150 million, for 15 drillships under construction.
HiMSEN engines are medium-speed, four-stroke diesel engines. Usually, six to eight marine engines are installed in a drillship to generate power for the thrusters, which keep the drillship in position while operating. The drillships are being built for several major offshore drilling companies, including Noble Drilling Holding and Diamond Offshore Drilling, to be launched from the first half of 2012.
Since the first unit rolled off the line in 2001, Hyundai Heavy has exported 6,700 HiMSEN engines to 40 countries in Latin America, the Middle East and Africa, accounting for up for 35 percent of the international market for medium-speed marine engines. The HiMSEN engine also won design awards at the 2010 International Forum (iF) Design Award and Red Dot Design Award 2010.
For further information contact:Hyundai Heavy Industries, South Korea Web: http://english.hhi.co.kr/
Latest Book Reviews
- Pollution Prevention From Ships: 30 Years of HELMEPA and MARPOL
- French Designs On Colonial New South Wales: François Péron’s Memoir on the English Settlement in New Holland, Van Diemen’s Land and The Archipelagos of the Great Pacific Ocean
- Through Albert’s Eyes: Volume 2 of the British Navy at War and Peace
- Coping With Piracy: Maritime Security Handbook
- Salt Of The Sea: Tales from Commercial Fishermen
- Doctor On Board: Your Practical Guide to Medical Emergencies at Sea
- The Woodhen: A Flightless Island Bird Defying Extinction
Latest CommentsKenny: Mermaid Sapphire is not a Mermaid Marine Australia vessel. The vessel is owned by Thai Company with ...
Rob simm: How does seeing a vessel operating outside of Australia in Sakalin, have anything to do with the MUA...
Dan Westerlund: To be noted that bigger (wider) ships can be built in Turku than in Papenburg. There have been negot...
Richard Stretch: Hi I am looking for information regarding Robert Farquhar.He was working at Walkers Limited earley i...