|Drillships order for Hyundai HiMSEN engines|
|Monday, 05 September 2011 16:34|
Hyundai Heavy Industries has won orders to supply 98 of its HiMSEN marine engines, worth US$150 million, for 15 drillships under construction.
HiMSEN engines are medium-speed, four-stroke diesel engines. Usually, six to eight marine engines are installed in a drillship to generate power for the thrusters, which keep the drillship in position while operating. The drillships are being built for several major offshore drilling companies, including Noble Drilling Holding and Diamond Offshore Drilling, to be launched from the first half of 2012.
Since the first unit rolled off the line in 2001, Hyundai Heavy has exported 6,700 HiMSEN engines to 40 countries in Latin America, the Middle East and Africa, accounting for up for 35 percent of the international market for medium-speed marine engines. The HiMSEN engine also won design awards at the 2010 International Forum (iF) Design Award and Red Dot Design Award 2010.
For further information contact:Hyundai Heavy Industries, South Korea Web: http://english.hhi.co.kr/
Cialis Side Effects is just like any other medication but do not necessity to worry and believe that everyone is bad. There is nothing surprising in this. All is simple and clear.
Latest Book Reviews
- The US Naval Institute on Naval Strategy
- Silent And Unseen: On Patrol in Three Cold War Attack Submarines
- 21st Century Seamanship
- Small Navies: Strategy and Policy for Small Navies in War and Peace
- The Baltimore Sabotage Cell: German Agents, American Traitors, and the U-Boat Deutschland During World War I
- Re-Inventing The Ship: Science, Technology and the Maritime World, 1800-1918
- The Indian Ocean and US Grand Strategy: Ensuring Access And Promoting Security
Latest CommentsJ. K. M. Nair: Shipping always is a serious business and the world cannot ignore the fact that cargo moves means s...
Dirk Smit: Very informative...
stuart ballantyne: excellent ! couldn't have said it better myself...
Leonardo Alphonso: I am given to understand this book is useful for marine engineers for learning about purification of...